This is one of our bigger kilns. The KK-8 propane fired furnace can smelt ore concentrates, fire assay, melt pure metals, old jewelry… it can do it all and in larger quantities. Quiet, too. Included in your deluxe kit will be a custom USA built precision machined bi-metal brass tipped Propane Burner, along with everything you need to get started except propane and your ore or precious metals.
The KK-8 is constructed of a stainless steel tension adjustable jacket, surrounding alumina silicate refractory insulation that comprises the interior of the kiln. The refractory insulation has an operating temperature rating of 1260° C. We offer the only sectional kiln that allows for easy removal of the crucible before pouring. The liner of the kiln is constructed in a layered and stacked configuration and is less susceptible to cracking from thermal expansion and contraction, as each layer can expand or contract separately. Another feature of the layered and modular design is that individual sections of the kiln liner can be replaced at a fraction of the cost of replacing the whole liner, in the event of a serious spill or boil over of the crucible.
Deluxe Kit includes:
• 8″ (203 mm) round by 11″ (279 mm) tall refractory Kiln with 5″ (127 mm) diameter x 5″ (127 mm) tall chamber
• Olympic analog pyrometer
• 1 Salamander A2 clay graphite crucible
• 18″ tongs
• Custom made 160,000 BTU bi-metal burner with stand
• 6ft hose with 60psi regulator, gauge and needle valve
• 4 pounds GPK premium black gold flux
• Graphite double conical mold
• Liner maintenance kit
• Instruction manual
• Complimentary crucible stand
Weight: 4.5 kg
Propane/LPG fired (Do not use Mapp Gas as you would with our smaller kilns)
Stainless Steel exterior
Alumina Silica Refractory interior rated for up to 1260° C which allows you to melt gold, copper, silver with ease, in only 15 minutes.
Modular design – provides easier access & removal of crucible from chamber for pouring
To get started you will also need:
• a 2 to 9 kg LPG gas cylinder fitted with a standard QCC-1 connection.