Melt 1 to 6 oz of fine placer gold (1 to 3 oz silver) – take it to the field with you!
• (2) mini graphite crucibles
• (1) graphite 2 oz gold / 1 oz silver or copper loaf mold
• 6″ scissor tongs
• 2 mag torches
• 3 ounces of melting flux
• melting instructions
Please note that with the newest model doesn’t come with a spacer.
Besides the above kit this listing includes two MT200 pencil tip torches. The only other thing you need to buy to get started are two tall Propane gas cylinders from Mitre10 or Bunnings at around $20 each. This is because we are unable to ship them around NZ.
These torches are highly recommended by the designers as the ideal torches for use with the GPK Kwik Kiln.
• Easier to use, puts out more heat
• Reaches melting temperature in 10 minutes without over-firing.
• Orifice and head are larger
• Able to turn it up higher without pencil flame protruding into combustion chamber
• Less grooving of the graphite crucible
• Easier to regulate
• Flame is more stable; can set canister down after lighting without having to re-adjust flame
• Made of all solid brass
• Made in USA
Ø 4″ / 102 mm OD
Height 4″ / 102 mm
• This mini kiln is not recommended for smelting ore concentrates, due to the limited capacity for both cons and refining flux 1 to 3 ratios.
• The refractory materials of our kilns are good for up to 1250° Celsius which allows you to melt gold, copper, silver with ease, in only 15 minutes.