Designed and Built by a Prospector, for a Prospector.
ARVE Error: Mode: lazyload not available (ARVE Pro not active?), switching to normal mode
Looking for a hand dredge? This is it!
Simply the ultimate backpack hand dredge out there, no permits required.
2-in-1 means you can easily convert this tool into a “Sniper” for getting into submerged potholes and bedrock cracks, or use it in “Prospector Mode” for general recovery of submerged paydirt in a stream or other water source.
We have been told by many happy customers that the MotherSucker is simply the best hand dredge out there – and we agree. It’s unique, moves large volumes of material and is versatile. But it also breaks down so you can carry it in a large backpack (see Jeff Williams Video above).
You can’t get to all the gold by shoveling alone, especially in bedrock cracks, under boulders and the bottom of pot holes where the shovel can’t get to.
In fact, even the simple act of shoveling causes gold to be driven deeper to the bottom and into cracks and divots where the shovel can’t go, therefore, the only way is to use a suction device to siphon it right up off the bottom just like a vacuum cleaner.
But, mechanized dredging in many areas is either illegal, or can it can take months to get written permission after submitting the complicated paperwork. The New Zealand mining act bans all mechanized dredging and motorised equipment from Public Fossicking areas. So where does that leave you?
Our basic “MotherSucker Prospector” Hand Dredge, with a 32mm tip, is designed to suck up those elusive values on the up stroke by using simple “non-mechanical” suction and on the down stroke, pump those values into a recovery bucket via a lightweight “lined” 6′ flex hose.
We use durable white PVC pipe, it is less reactive to temperature and sunlight.
It’s light weight, and comes with a time-proven leather seal for long life and superb suction. It’s very easy to use, and it’s long length means you can get deeper with less stooping which equals less fatigue.
If you do not own one of these hand dredges, you are losing gold, and probably lots of it, or working much too hard for what you are getting.
You will wonder how you ever got along without it.
- Made from lightweight durable PVC
- 51mm x 762+mm Barrel gets deep (less stooping)
- 690mm (total) plunger brings up more material from a longer pull, please note, doesn’t come with rod extension any longer
- 32mm Suction Tip
- 13mm x 558mm Sniper Tip with Nugget Trap
- 19mm x 407mm Sniper Tip with Nugget Trap
- Separated Tip = less rock jams & easy clearing
- 38mm lined, lightweight “Flex Hose”
- Continuous feed. Recovered material is pumped into bucket on down stroke
- Most components easily replaceable
- Superior Leather Seal (2-cup design)
- Easily converts to “Sniper” mode with “Included” 13mm x 559mm Sniper” Tip. (559mm overall length – reach depth 394mm)
- User changeable parts
- Bucket Sleeve included (bucket itself is not supplied). Please note that colour of bucket sleeve may vary
- Made In Canada
L: 1000 mm overall, handle not extended
L: 690mm, vacuum chamber
Inside Ø of pump: ~60 mm
Outside Ø of pump: 69 mm
Weight: 4 kg in total, excluding bucket