It has been specifically designed for metal smiths and refiners with a robust DFP burner. This high temperature, fast melting furnace is capable of melting metals up to a temperature of 1450°C (2642 Fahrenheit).
- Burner: DFP 1pc, which will work with a) Butane b) Propane c) mixture of Butane & Propane d) LPG but it won’t work with natural gas.
- Furnace Body Constructed of: steel 16 gauge (1.5mm), the shell is lightweight
- Chamber Dimensions: 200mm x 250mm (WxH); crucible size recommendations see below
- Outside Dimensions: 300mm x 380mm
- Weight: 15kg
The furnace interior is fully lined with 1 inch of ceramic wool. For the base or floor of the chamber a fire and heat resistant brick is supplied. This will reduce the overall height of the chamber by about 30mm.
This furnace is capable of melting gold, silver, copper, aluminium, brass, bronze, cast iron and many other metals.
It will fit crucibles with the following maximum dimensions:
Width ~ 180mm, Height ~ 200mm
To get started you will also need:
• 2 to 9 kg LPG or equivalent gas cylinder fitted with a standard QCC-1 connection
• Set of tongs
• Leather gloves
• Safety glasses
The below videos are great demonstrations on how to setup a Devil-Forge furnace after unpacking. They clearly show how easy the whole process is and how effective you can melt all sorts of metal. The furnaces used may not necessarily show the same furnace which is advertised in the above listing.